The race is on to win one of the prestigious category titles of the 2017 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards. The application process is now open and businesses are urged to apply to promote their companies and celebrate their achievements.
This year, the judges are looking forward to finding more inspiring examples in Lanarkshire’s vibrant business community that illustrate the wealth of talent and enterprise in the region.
The awards are open to businesses of all sizes, in all sectors operating in Lanarkshire. The range of award categories – including the Family Business Award and Excellence in Customer Service – has been designed to be fully accessible to all businesses. It is free to apply and companies can enter up to three categories out of the eleven to choose from.
The awards, which are hosted by North and South Lanarkshire Councils, attract high profile industry support and this year is no different.
Councillor Alan Graham, Convenor of Regeneration and Infrastructure at North Lanarkshire Council said: “The awards are now in their 24th year and have become a highlight of the Lanarkshire business calendar. We are thrilled that they are continuing to grow year on year and highlight the success of our exciting companies.
“I would like to thank all our sponsors for their support, without them we could not run the awards and we’re delighted to see such high profile industry support and enthusiasm for the Lanarkshire awards each year.”
The award categories for the 2017 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards are:-
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (Up to 10 employees) sponsored by Highlander International Recycling
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (11-50 employees) sponsored by CMS Window Systems
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (51 employees or more) sponsored by UK Steel Enterprise
- Lanarkshire’s Best New Business Award sponsored by Taylor Wimpey
- Lanarkshire Food & Drink Award – sponsorship still available
- The John Brinkins Award for Excellence in Tourism Award sponsored by Visit Lanarkshire
- Excellence in Innovation Award sponsored by Healthcare Environmental Group
- Excellence in Customer Service Award -sponsorship still available
- Lanarkshire Family Business Award sponsored by Albert Bartlett
- Developing Lanarkshire’s Young workforce Award sponsored by North Lanarkshire’s Working
- Community Impact Award sponsored by Clyde Gateway
To request an application form visit www.chooselanarkshire.com/businessawards
Businesses have until Friday 11th November to submit their completed application forms.
All finalists will be featured in the media and the winners will be announced at the glittering awards dinner at the Motherwell Concert Hall on Friday 3rd March. We are delighted to announce that Kaye Adams is returning to host this prestigious event.
Councillor Chris Thompson, Chair of Enterprise Resources at South Lanarkshire Council added: “The success of the Lanarkshire economy depends on the hard work of our local businesses and the annual Business Awards provide the perfect opportunity to promote and celebrate that success.
“Each year we seek to introduce new categories to appeal to as many businesses and sectors as possible as we encourage all Lanarkshire businesses to apply for the awards and shout about their success and achievements.”
North Lanarkshire Council and South Lanarkshire Council would like to take this opportunity to thank all the sponsors for their support.
There are a few sponsorship opportunities still remaining – should you wish to get involved with the awards please contact awards@LBEA.info or telephone the awards team on 0141 887 6181.